Saturday 12 January 2008

A Quick Catch up on the Last Week

Hello all! My visit to Laugharne this week was punctuated by loads of rain. However, in between the showers I have visited Dylan Thomas' boathouse, the ruins of a medieval village and Carreg Cennen castle - awesome stuff! We stayed at a time-share called 'Seasons', comfortable enough, but up the top of a hill where we were blasted by the wind and rain coming in off the sea!

When the weather cleared, we took a day tripping round the coast through seaside resorts that in summer would be packed shoulder to shoulder... Tenby (a walled town) and Saundersfoot to name a couple. I continue to be blown away by the history of this country in the most unexpected places.

After Laugharne we traveled to Cardigan, going round through St David's, the smallest city in the UK, with the cathedral, then a stop in Fishguard for a bite of lunch and now we are in Cardigan, where I have been sampling the local shops. I have already met another of my cousins, Marilyn...

Tonight will see a family dinner attended by about 25 people including myself, and tomorrow we head back to Alun & Sandra's place in Trelewis. I go to Glenda's for two nights after that, then back to London with David & Julie, where this whole trip started, and I will update the blog there as much as I can.

So, for those following my progress on the map. you can see I am seeing a parge portion of the South of Wales, from East to West, and that means my next trip over here (next year??? ;o) will allow me time to explore the North of Wales.

Paris is next weekend, then the London Tour (Tower Bridge... West End... Picadilly Circus...)

Catch up with you soon!

1 comment: