Thursday 27 December 2007

27 December - Wales

We started the day by shifting my photos to CD in Boots in Brentwood, then hit the motorway. I've decided the motorways aren't very scenic, but we detoured off them and stopped for lunch at a pub called 'The Dundas Arms'. They served me with a nice local beer called 'Leaping Lord', and served a cracker steak! Beside the pub is a canal, and a lock, with several barges tied up nearby - a great sight.

We arrived in Wales crossing the Severn River via a h-u-g-e bridge (tolled) and then I was there... In Wales...

A short trip later and I am being hosted in the heart of the Rhondda Valley by Anne & Pat. Stories of the history and family are already starting, and the Medal has come up for discussion. Mavis has some documentation which should allow us to narrow the search for the details of the award, maybe even lead us closer to the citation.

Many thx to David, Julie and family for hosting me when I first arrived. I appreciate all you have done to help me settle in and get me started on my journey.

Tomorrow will see a start to walking around my parent's home area, and the history of the area is a focus also.

No comments:

Post a Comment