Friday 28 December 2007

Rhondda

I started the day with a walk to Tonypandy Square, looking at the shops, seeing the different layout of the houses. Here they are terraced, the entrances right on the footpath. I did a little shopping, buying an item or two with the Welsh Dragon on, and looking over the Doctor Who merchandise which we don't get in NZ (there was a wonderful T.A.R.D.I.S.!)

The rain has been falling all day, solid and steady, and I am going to have to track down either some good wet weather gear or a decent umbrella if I am going to stay reasonably dry - or the rain is going to have to stop!

Lunch (a beef and Guinness pie) was at Castell Mynach with Mavis, David & Julie, and Anne, Daniel and Jonathon. Remembering that darkness falls just after 4:00pm here at the moment, it was dark when we headed for home!

Pat arrives home from his ship tonight, and Anne is taking me sightseeing tomorrow (assuming the weather picks up). I'm being made very welcome wherever I go, which is awesome! We are a short train ride from Cardiff, and about 30 minutes drive from the coast. Swansea is wihtin easy reach, and the sightseeing will take me up through the Rhondda valleys.

Hopefully there will be more to report on tomorrow - I haven't checked the forecast yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment