Tuesday 25 December 2007

Christmas in the UK

Greetings to family and friends back in NZ! Merry Christmas from the UK (although for you, Christmas Day is now over!) We started the day with smoked salmon and scrambled egg on toast, accompanied by champagne. Unfortunately it is not a white Christmas and is a wet day, very similar to a wet day in Southland.

David & Julie are fantastic hosts, and took me into Brentwood yesterday, just a 5 minute walk from their home, where I spent several hours just wandering the main street, investigating the variety of shops and spending a little more money than I intended!

I have been introduced to the wonderful tradition of the English pub, with wonderful names like "Ye Olde Green Dragon", "The Swan" and "The Slug and Lettuce"!

Heathrow has been having fog problems with many flights cancelled, soI seem to have come in in time, missing the majority of disruptions.

We travel to Wales the day after Boxing Day, where I will be staying with Ann & Pat, and starting in on the real business of meeting family, and seeing where my family come from. I will have photos soon I hope to put up, but they are huge if I bring them straight in off the camera, so I will have to do some manipulation first.

In the meantime, this 'blog' has been started and I hope to hear from you. If you want to email, just use my usual 'teacher' email and I will get back to you.

I'm off to see how the Christmas turkey is coming on!
Merry Christmas all!

No comments:

Post a Comment